Just a phase or fussy?

(5 Posts)
HollyC255552 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:33:13

DD is 7.5 months, didnt really take to weaning at 6 months but we kept offering & she finally started to pick it up about 3 weeks back (currently doing a mix of blw/spoon feed). However the past week she has hardly eaten anything & hasnt liked anything new that i have tried giving her. I have tried normal porridge with banana scrambled egg, cheese sandwiches, pasta, and rice the past few days, she just doesnt even seem interested in eating confused. When sitting in her in her highchair she will pick up her toast/carrot take a few bites then throws it & then looks around bored. The only thing she does seem to eat (with a little help sometimes) is, buttered toast, baby cereal/porridge, cooked carrot & rice cakes.

I am unsure whether its a texture thing? If so will she get past this or is this just a phase & should i keep offering the same things? Just dont want to false something if she generally doesnt like it.

I am really hoping she starts becoming interested again as its worrying me how she did seem to be getting into it now its pretty much gone.

Advice or reassurance would be appreciated - thanks!

FreeButtonBee Sun 06-Mar-16 19:39:25

Might be teething or brewing an illness. My ds often stopped eating entirely for a week or two at a time. Keep offering - both things she does like and things she doesn't. but if she's not interested there is not much you can do! As long as she keeps going with milk, there is not much to worry about. What about fruit? Raspberries, peach, frozen banana, mango, pear all go down well here

HollyC255552 Sun 06-Mar-16 20:00:29

Thanks Freebutton. I will keep offering & just up her milk if she isnt eating much. She likes mango, not so sure on banana, (never tried frozen banana) kiwi & apple not keen on either. I havent tried peach, raspberries or pear yet. I should give them a whirl. I do have some blueberries in the fridge not sure whether they are a bit small now looking at them. hmm

FreeButtonBee Sun 06-Mar-16 20:20:55

Raspberries are excellent as they can get them in their fist and they smoosh nicely. Blueberries are a bit small until they get their pincer grip (they can pick them up but tend to get lost in their fist! 😄)

Frozen banana is great for sore teeth. And doesn't disintegrate so quickly. Half of one of those mini bananas is perfect.

FreeButtonBee Sun 06-Mar-16 20:21:35

Oh orange or satsuma segments are good too. Just give them a squeeze to check for pips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now