please recommend a beaker

(14 Posts)
fredandme123 Wed 20-Jan-16 17:50:34

I am looking to move baby to a cup for morning milk as approaching 12 months. He has tried milk from a no spill Tommee tippee beaker but isn't keen and would clearly prefer a bottle. Please recommend the beakers that your babies have found easy to drink from and to still be able to drink a good amount from.
Thanks smile

moggle Thu 21-Jan-16 22:07:10

This is the cup that finally got my DD off her bedtime bottle, at about 13m... Wasn't particularly looking to swap but we forgot the bottle when we went to relatives' for Christmas and we found this in boots. Haven't tried to move on any further to a harder spout ... I'm not sure if it's actually any better than a bottle in terms of teeth or whatever it is the HVs worry about!

VocationalGoat Thu 21-Jan-16 22:10:40

ha ha! I was just about to go on and on about Nuby, moggle. I will spare you OP. grin
I am a big Nuk fan for bottles, but found these Nuby cups the best for getting away from the bottle.
Though I keep mine on a bottle until about 2. blush

SisterMoonshine Thu 21-Jan-16 22:10:58

Whatever we tried, we kept coming back to those free flowing Tommy Tippee cups and beakers.

Wizadora1 Thu 21-Jan-16 22:17:22

My ds, 9 months, has just started to use the munchkin 360 miracle cup. I tried several others but this seems to work best and he uses it well himself.

stargirl1701 Thu 21-Jan-16 22:18:58

I used the NUK glass bottle with a sippy cup teat rather than the bottle tear for DD2 as she wouldn't tolerate hard plastic.

http://www.nuk.co.uk/product/nuk-first-choice-120ml-glass-bottle-with-size-1-latex-teat/

http://www.nuk.co.uk/product/nuk-non-spill-silicone-spout-for-nuk-learner-bottles/

tinymeteor Fri 22-Jan-16 07:26:26

Another vote for Nuk here http://www.nuk.co.uk/product/winnie-the-pooh-first-choice-150ml-learner-bottle/

claracluck1978 Fri 22-Jan-16 09:06:27

Munchkin 360 cannot be recommended enough from here. We have 2 year old twins and have been through ALOT of beakers to find ones they enjoy using. Just make sure you completely take them apart for cleaning as they can get manky under the silicon very quickly

Eyre89 Fri 22-Jan-16 09:14:11

Definitely munchkin 360, really good

NannyR Fri 22-Jan-16 09:16:39

The simplest flip top tommee tippee beaker is the best one I've found. Easy to clean, no parts to take apart and potentially lose and it's fairly leak proof.

bonzo77 Fri 22-Jan-16 09:20:10

Those nuk learner cups with the soft teat are really good. Though my 3 year old still has his bed time milk in a baby bottle....

superbfairywren Fri 22-Jan-16 09:49:39

We've been through lots!
We use the tommee tippee flip up straw cups for water out and about and for milk DD had a mam training cup for months(got it at 6months for water) and loved it. Doesn't really spill and she loved it. It is dead now though as she bit through the top eventually.
I'm currently trialling an avent my penguin sippy cup I got in tk maxx. They seem to be brilliant, she loves drinking from them, don't seem to leak and are easy for DD to carry around. Just have to make sure the silicon bit with the valves in is on pelroperly otherwise they do leak everywhere. Think it was 2.99!

If you want an open cup, the doidy cup is great, as are the plastic coloured beakers you get in a pack from IKEA.

fredandme123 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:56:16

Thanks for all the responses- the silly app has only just shown me that there were any replies! We went out today so have bought one with a straw as I read someone that leading to drink from a stray develops some muscles in the mouth and should help with speech development (could be lies!) will me trying the miracle cup next if this is a no go tho !

GlitteryFluff Fri 22-Jan-16 21:06:58

I've tried DS with loads of different beakers and cups for his milk but I can't get him to drink milk from any of them. Water yes. Milk no. He will only take milk from a bottle. Have tried at least 8 different cups and no luck. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now