Just started weaning

(7 Posts)
Findingthisdifficult1234 Fri 18-Dec-15 13:39:28

Just seeing if anyone can help me/give me some guidance-
I've just started weaning my 6 month old and brought the tommee tippee baby food processor.
I just put a banana in to purée but it has come out lumpy, Ive mashed down with a fork. Should the purée be completely smooth? As it's still lumpy! I've mixed with her milk but nervous to give it to her now! I'll try attach a photo.
Many thanks

Findingthisdifficult1234 Fri 18-Dec-15 13:40:46

Here's a pic

Nanofone Fri 18-Dec-15 13:43:24

No need to purée at all. If you give her a large piece to hold she will suck/chew it.

Findingthisdifficult1234 Fri 18-Dec-15 13:55:09

Oh ok, so she definitely can't choke if I do that?
Sorry it's ny first time doing this and nervous about it!

Spl0ink Wed 30-Dec-15 20:25:28

Hello! My little one is funny with thick purée but if I blend with a bit of boiled water until it's more of a smoothie consistency, then he's not fussed by the lumps. smile

ButtonMoon88 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:36:39

I would mush food up with the back of a fork, but also give DD whole pieces of food to hold and suck on. She really enjoyed every meal time and now at 11months she completely feeds herself (usually just with her hands but sometimes uses a spoon).

Iguessyourestuckwithme Wed 30-Dec-15 20:40:57

Def just mush up banana with the back of a fork or just give her a large bit to hold and gum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now