Oh the tedium!!

(12 Posts)
ohthegoats Fri 24-Jul-15 12:33:35

The worst bit of parenthood so far... picking up endless discarded bits of food.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to stop her lobbing everything on the floor from her high chair?

RiverTam Fri 24-Jul-15 12:42:05

Get a dog? Or, indeed, a goat!

Splas mat or newspaper under the high chair? It's a total note, I agree.

RattleAndRoll Fri 24-Jul-15 12:42:29

If you find out please let me know. DS is 11months and I'm sick of it. It's got worse, not better, as the months have gone on. It's the worst part of parenting for me so far.

ohthegoats Fri 24-Jul-15 13:15:30

We've got a big piece of plastic tablecloth on the floor underneath her, but I still have to pick it up off that, obviously.

Best was yesterday - only a few bits, so I flicked it out of the back door. 10 minutes later she's out there eating the tomato slices (now covered in sand), that she'd previously discarded. Nice.

toffeeboffin Fri 24-Jul-15 18:34:14

No. It's a nightmare and it lasts like, a year.

LostMySocks Mon 27-Jul-15 22:46:16

Big plastic table cloth. Leave after meal until dried out. Then sweep up. Slummy mummy rules! Ksr have to stop DS eating the crunchy bits off the floor...

Artandco Mon 27-Jul-15 22:52:16

I sat them on my lap, gave one piece at a time from my plate

MilkRunningOutAgain Thu 30-Jul-15 21:18:02

If you have a garden, have a picnic! It's summer.

GoooRooo Thu 30-Jul-15 21:20:04

Cheap shower curtain under the high chair. Shake it out in garden. Job done.

squizita Fri 31-Jul-15 10:18:54

paper pound shop tablecloths everywhere! grin

BlueThursday Mon 03-Aug-15 16:44:39

I got plastic floor mats from the pound shop. I don't mind when it's our house as we have wooden floors but when we go visiting anyone I take one with me

MummyPidge Mon 03-Aug-15 17:16:39

I have a £3 paddling pool, still miss a few peas and sweetcorn which she will then eat off the floor 2 hours after we'be finished grin !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now