Advice please

(6 Posts)
gg321 Wed 13-May-15 10:52:20

Advice needed about weaning...I have been introducing puréed veg to my nearly 6mo for a few weeks now, so far shes tried carrot, sweet potato, peas, apple, she loves it all, is it ok now to start mixing more than one fruit or veg together? And what are the popular combos? And do I keep giving it to her until she's full and refuses it or stop after she's had a bit but still wants more?

CornishYarg Wed 13-May-15 18:01:27

Yes, definitely a good idea to mix different vegetables and fruit together. We didn't do purees so no personal experience of what was popular but I guess just try whatever you think goes eg carrot and sweet potato seems a safe bet. Or take inspiration from the combinations in the pouches.

After 6 months, pretty much anything goes so I would try to introduce some different food groups and textures such as finger foods rather than sticking with fruit and vegetable purees for too long.

CornishYarg Wed 13-May-15 18:02:21

Oh and I would be guided by her re quantity so if she wants more, go with it.

squizita Wed 13-May-15 19:35:24

Yes definitely. After a couple of weeks I used recipes and only introduced allergens on their own - it's good to get them used to eating food that's mixed as that's how they'll eat when older. grin

My 7 month old has little casseroles (salt free, veg + beans or chicken), pasta and sauce, sandwiches etc.
grin

NewMumSept2014 Thu 21-May-15 18:57:48

If you're doing puree's I have an Annabel Karmel 100 top baby purees book that I could recommend for ideas.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Fri 22-May-15 19:19:48

My ds2 has just turned 6mths and we started at 5mths with Puree and some finger foods and puree wise we mixed foods early on batched cooked as individual ice cube and mixed diff flavours he ate 4 ice cubes early on. Now we have introduced meat and fish so he has had roast dinner, chicken pear and veg stew, fish pie and plan to make lamb Apricot and prune tagine tomorrow (poor baby is a tad constipated).

Finger food wise same as blw really and anything he won't choke on goes down and he manages broccoli, carrots, potatoes, fish goujons,potato cakes,crumpet, ciabattta.

He has a cow's milk intolerance so have to use expressed breast milk for recipes but otherwise he eats what we have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now