Blueberries

(10 Posts)
StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 05-Mar-14 23:11:20

We'll grandma cut them! Still got 2/3 of a packet left so may be bold (or just lazy!!!) and just give her them whole!!!

Have never cut a blueberry before.

whattoWHO Wed 05-Mar-14 17:02:13

Cut them. Or mash them with banana (my favourite Annabel karmel weanibft recipe).

UnicornCrisps Wed 05-Mar-14 16:59:10

I just squash them a bit

gretagrape Wed 05-Mar-14 16:55:57

I never cut them (and I was v paranoid about finger foods) - I think the reason grapes are cut is because they are quite hard and slippery so could easily be sucked in and swallowed. Blueberries are much squishier so I never bothered.

clairikins Wed 05-Mar-14 13:20:09

Don't cut blueberries. If she can pick them up and consume then they can deal with them.

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 05-Mar-14 09:43:05

Thanks for the quick replies - will advise her to cut them and do it myself with the rest of the packet when we eat them!

FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 05-Mar-14 09:12:00

Definitely cut.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Wed 05-Mar-14 08:52:07

Cut them.

(And I'm a very un-precious mum when it comes to food!)

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 05-Mar-14 08:49:23

What's the general consensus on these - do you cut or not?
They seem to be perfect size to block a windpipe (or are they actually smaller) but are much squishier than a grape.
About to send 8.5 month DD to grandmas with some but not sure if I should tell her to cut them, or my gut feel is to just cut the larger ones
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now