Recomendations for food mixer/blender when weaning

(10 Posts)
YorkshireTeaGold Sat 01-Mar-14 10:05:35

Am starting weaning in a few weeks but don't have a blender, what did you use?

I'm planing on a mix of purees and finger foods to start as that's what I did with dd1 but I used a Phillips avent steamer which was a bit faffy.

Tia x

Novia Sat 01-Mar-14 11:03:41

I swear by the Avent steamer/blender. Best baby item I bought. DD is 11 months old and I still use it most days. It's been invaluable and far less washing up than 2 devices. Goes in the dishwasher too!

a hand blender worked for us and was cheap and cheerful.

something like this

Rommell Sat 01-Mar-14 16:08:17

I used a stick blender as well. You can get really cheap ones and they are fine.

mumbaisapphirebluespruce Sat 01-Mar-14 16:12:00

Buy yourself a stick blender or something like a Braun multiquick which comes with different attachments including stick blender. You can then use this after the weaning process for regular cooking. I found that the time DD was on exclusive purées was so short that it wasn't worth investing in a baby food maker when what we already had was perfectly adequate.

we still use the stick blender for other foods e.g. dh blitzes things with it for curries, sauces, etc

Rommell Sat 01-Mar-14 17:26:25

Yes, I still use my stick blender now - it's really handy.

YorkshireTeaGold Sat 01-Mar-14 20:17:13

Thanks all, will get a stick blender.

novia I found it irritating that you can't batch cook with them as capacity too small. Was good otherwise though.

HighVoltage Sat 01-Mar-14 21:32:45

I got the Braun multiquick and recommend it.

kiddyreviews Mon 14-Jul-14 01:18:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now