High chairs recommendations for BLW

(23 Posts)
Tulip2013 Tue 11-Feb-14 05:05:28

Hi all, I'm planning on BLW my daughter who is very small (0.4th percentile) once she is six months but want a high chair with a decent tray and one she won't get too lost in (though obviously might have to use some cushions etc).

Any recommendations?

KippyVonKipperson Tue 11-Feb-14 05:10:13

If you go for the ikea antelope there is an inflatable cushion type thing you can insert for it, and slowly deflate as she grows and gets better at sitting up unaided.

FadBook Tue 11-Feb-14 05:12:59

Second ikea antelope

Dishwasher proof too

SwallowsInSpring Tue 11-Feb-14 05:31:53

Thirded!

Tulip2013 Tue 11-Feb-14 07:59:58

Wow. That is praise! It looks kinda big on the website. My dining room is pretty small though. Is it as big as it looks?

ContemplatingInfinity Tue 11-Feb-14 11:15:59

We just bought an antilop for my son, who's five months old, after advice on here. I wanted it so he can get used to sitting at the table with us before we start weaning him in a few weeks. It's fab - really easy to put together and the cushion thing offers some good support. You can always pad it out with another tea towel if you need more support. Top tip though - to inflate the cushion, squeeze the nozzle with your teeth when blowing. We struggled for ages til I found a thread from last year with that advice - it was then done in seconds!

MistressofPemberley Tue 11-Feb-14 14:39:21

Another vote for antilop with tray plus inflatable insert.

Indith Tue 11-Feb-14 14:40:38

Ikea. There is no other highchair around worth buying.

cupcake78 Tue 11-Feb-14 14:42:50

Yep ikea one is brilliant !

SweetPeaPods Tue 11-Feb-14 14:44:43

Personally we don't like the ikea one. We wanted something that was more comfortable so went for a cosatto noodle.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 11-Feb-14 14:47:14

IKEA Antilop.
You can take the legs off and put the rest in the dishwasher. And it's cheap.

What's not to like?

Hanginggardenofboobylon Tue 11-Feb-14 14:47:19

There is nothing more suitable than the antilop. The legs slope out but you can put it right up to the table without the tray. I don't think it's any bigger than other high chairs footprint wise. The seat itself is compact.
Look at it this way if you don't like it you have only spent £15 not £50!

Xfirefly Tue 11-Feb-14 14:56:41

I just googled this as I'm also looking for one and it's actually the highchair that's in my accommodation on holiday atm smile dd is 5 months and she fits in it well. doesn't take up too much room

cupcake78 Tue 11-Feb-14 18:03:20

I actually think the single legs of the ikea chair are much more practical than the ones with the bars between the front two legs etc. Makes it difficult to get the high chairs up next to the table.

KippyVonKipperson Tue 11-Feb-14 19:13:34

It's not any bigger than most other highchairs, and you can click the legs out and store it if needed. I wouldn't let size put you off, I thought in our small home I'd want. Something foldable but to be honest, it's used so much we wouldn't in reality be taking it down between meals.

Malkofish Tue 11-Feb-14 19:33:28

Another one for the Antilop! So easy to clean, and there's a lot of cleaning with BLW...

Reiltin Tue 11-Feb-14 19:44:53

Stokke Tripp-trapp. No tray - it goes right up to the table, and it grows with baby. My nephew is 5 and still use his smile

Woody31 Tue 11-Feb-14 19:47:57

We have the svan high chair with cushions that can be thrown on the wash. My two small boys have both used it and it's ace! Have a ikea one too but it only comes out for friends babies.

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Feb-14 19:48:10

Another vote for the Antilop. There are often resellers on eBay if you are not near an ikea.

AmandaNov10 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:12:57

You can put it in the dishwasher! That is genius!!! grin

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 16-Feb-14 09:08:12

We have a small kitchen so didn't want a standalone high chair and are using a phil and ted's lobster that attaches onto the table. We love it and DD is very happyin it. It's not massive so would probably be good for a little baby.

mrsbug Sun 16-Feb-14 09:16:58

Dd was on the 0.4th when she was born although by the time she was 6 months she was up to about the 9th. She was also a little bit premature and wasnt quite sitting unaided by 6 months. I therefore started weaning her in a bumbo, with a tray, and it was perfect for her as it kept her upright and is very easy to clean.

A couple of months later I moved her into a Tripp trapp which is expensive but worth it IMO.

AndWhat Sun 16-Feb-14 14:12:57

Ikea again, Take the legs out when need to, also put the chair and tray in the shower with me this morning to get crusted weetabix off it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now