ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Weaning and teething

(6 Posts)
Funghoul Mon 11-Nov-13 14:16:11

Dd is 6 months and weaning has been successful so far in that she seems to enjoy everything offered and likes her 3 meals a day. She's been teething recently, and we can see and feel her first tooth coming through. She's been a bit out of sorts with this as expected, but it's never been an issue with feeding. Today she's refused breakfast and just had her milk and the same has happened at lunch. She does have form for not eating everything at lunch and dinner but always wolfs her breakfast down. Is this just normal with teething? I was getting all excited about her trying chicken for the first time but looks like that's not happening now.

happydaze77 Mon 11-Nov-13 21:16:20

Yes, it's normal for them to be off their solids while teething.

As an aside, I would consider slowing down the weaning a little anyway. Just one or two little meals a day is more than enough at her age. I'm sure the advice is to build up to 3 meals by about 9 months.

Funghoul Tue 12-Nov-13 02:10:36

We started weaning at around 5 months. Was torn about it but got to the point where she was grabbing food from us. We've only just introduced dinner and it's only a couple of mouthfuls, not a proper meal like her breakfast is but she refuses milk a lot.

Thank you, thought it would be just down to the teeth.

happydaze77 Tue 12-Nov-13 13:21:57

I don't blame you re: the solids at 5 months - we started around then and I think most people do to be honest. I wasn't being critical I promise smile
It's just that we gave dd a bit too much for a couple of days and she got constipated so we backed right off and proceeded more slowly after that. (Touch wood) no such problems since then!
All the best.

Funghoul Tue 12-Nov-13 21:14:06

That came across a bit snappy sorry! She's our first so never quite sure if we're right, she seems happy! Had no problems like constipation and she can get a bit whiny if we eat and she isn't. Breakfast is her only 'proper' meal in a sense, she loves her breakfast and then we just give when she seems to want. She seems happy and her weight gain is what it should be so we've just carried on doing what we're doing.

Sorry for being mardy and thank you.

happydaze77 Tue 12-Nov-13 21:23:16

I didn't think it was snappy at all. I was just aware that I had 'shoved my two pennies worth' about something you hadn't asked about.
Parenting is hard enough without everyone giving you their opinions here there and everywhere!
You sound like you're doing fine though.
No worries
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now