What types of fish do you give your toddler?

(10 Posts)
mummysbigsmiles Fri 08-Nov-13 13:54:37

My daughter is 13 months, at the moment she gets organic salmon and tinned tuna but i was looking to widen her fish variety at this early age, im a bit worried about bones though, can anyone tell me what fish types they give their toddlers?

Clearlymisunderstood Fri 08-Nov-13 14:02:07

My DD is slightly older but loves smoked haddock and also mackerel and sardines. I don't eat fish so didn't even realise there were bones in sardines but they are soft so you can just mash them up anyway.

IpsyUpsyDaisyDo Fri 08-Nov-13 21:56:38

My DD (16m) has been having salmon, cod, haddock and tuna since she started solids. She's consistently not very keen on tuna, but the others go down well in fishcakes, fish pie etc. She really likes fish fingers. smile

Ineedsomesleep Sat 09-Nov-13 10:35:48

Fish fingers, fish pie, salmon burgers and sardines on toast. Never had a problem with the bones, in fact I always thought they were good for them?

Artandco Sun 10-Nov-13 13:22:49

Seabass is good- rarely has bones in ( don't think Iv had more than once or twice in eating for years)

Smoked haddock

Plaice

Salmon

Tuna

catinboots Sun 10-Nov-13 13:27:23

Fingers

Artandco Sun 10-Nov-13 13:49:39

Oh and at 13 months with seabass I would just brush some olive oil / butter on both sides of fillet ( with skin still on), and a little pepper / any herbs and just place in a frying pan skin down until the skin crisps (2-3 mins), then turn and do the other. Then just cut a third off and give to her, the rest for you smile it's really quick and really tasty

hollowhallows Sun 10-Nov-13 13:52:27

Tuna, sardines and grilled tilapia which is her favourite. Its very easy to remove bones from tilapia after it has cooked and it is very tasty.

Plaice, dover sole, tuna steaks, sardines are favourites here.

darkdays Sun 10-Nov-13 21:56:04

Sea bass, haddock, plaice, cod, tuna, sardines, kippers, smoked salmon and not fish but prawns and calamari.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now