BLW Book

(7 Posts)
RigglinJigglinBones Tue 29-Oct-13 11:27:25

I'm sorry if this subject has been done to death, but can anyone recommend a good, informative BLW book?

We've started weaning with purées but our DD has been stressed blood curdling screaming with spoon feeding so I'm looking at heading down the finger food route to see if that changes anything.

She's quite happy to grab food off plates and out of your hand but if the spoon goes near her all the screaming begins.

TIA.

abigboydidit Tue 29-Oct-13 12:43:18

I have the Gill Rapley one and use it for baking mostly. I would say get the BLW cookbook and not just the BLW book if you're considering them, as the cookbook gives a great overview. That said, my favourite book is the River Cottage Baby & Toddler cookbook. I found the Rapley approach very rigid, especially with DS who had allergies which made meals a bit more complicated. Giving him puréed soups was right for him and the RC cookbook doesn't advocate one single approach to weaning. DD is a total spoon refuser by contrast shock Both books aren't just cookbooks though and spend a fair bit of intro on philosophy and how to try to stop stress over meals. Despite already having gone through it with DS I still learnt from the RC book when weaning DD and I think it helped with some of his fussiness.

RigglinJigglinBones Tue 29-Oct-13 16:06:42

Thank you!

DeathMetalMum Tue 29-Oct-13 20:13:16

I like the blw coockbook too. Our local library has a copy so you could check if yours does. I borrowed it so many times I just ended up buying it though.

CornishYarg Tue 29-Oct-13 23:10:49

I also recommend the BLW cookbook and the River Cottage book. Like bigboy, I really love the RC one. In particular, the advice on dealing with fussiness is great imo.

I have the BLW book but to be honest, I find it a bit preachy and smug. There are plenty of blogs around - Aitch off here has a really good one at www.babyledweaning.com and there are forums too.

I would post you mine but alas, it's on my Kindle.

mrsmartin1984 Tue 05-Nov-13 20:32:34

You don't need a cookbook with blwing. just give whatever you are eating but be careful salt and honey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now