blw breakfast

(6 Posts)
wintersdawn Wed 23-Oct-13 10:46:02

help despite doing it all before with my 2.8yo I'm having a total memory block on breakfast ideas for my 6 month old. any ideas gratefully received!

plummyjam Wed 23-Oct-13 15:41:51

Weetabix, porridge, toast with butter, other toppings like soft cheese or mashed banana. Banana on its own is also good as are other soft fruits like peach or melon to start with. Ocado do mini frozen croissants (15 for £3 I think) which go down very well. Egg is OK from 6 months on as long as it's cooked so scrambled egg if you're having it too.

plummyjam Wed 23-Oct-13 15:45:10

And plain Greek yogurt on its own or with fruit etc is also good.

enormouse Wed 23-Oct-13 16:17:22

When my DS was first weaned he rejected all milky cereals so I had to go down the blw route for breakfasts.
His favourites were
Beans on toast - he would live on this if I let him
Dry cereals and fromage frais (served separately)
pancakes (both homemade and pre made little scotch ones) with fruit and yoghurt
Potato bread, sausages, mushrooms and beans - on the weekend, made by DP
Crumpets with jam
Croissants and pain au chocolat - occasionally at the weekend or at grannys
Toast with various toppings

He now will eat milky cereals thankfully and has porridge, cornflakes and rice crispies
I wasn't strict with blw though, and I would load his fork or spoon till he could do it himself. smile

wintersdawn Wed 23-Oct-13 18:49:12

thanks for the ideas I wasn't keen on the cereal route until he's got chewing a bit better sorted, mashed fruit on toast sounds great so do pancakes but not sure I have the will power to not gobble them myself smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 24-Oct-13 08:22:26

Sausage and beans were a big favourite here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now