Low mess breakfast ideas for 8 month old spoon refuser

(13 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 10-Oct-13 19:43:10

Think if you could take them back, DS would have gone years ago. The sleep function was knackered for years and its still a bit unreliable 9 years on...

stargirl1701 Thu 10-Oct-13 19:31:00

Shredded wheat minis.
Shreddies.
Porridge Fingers from BLW cookbook.
Muffins.

ToddleWaddle Thu 10-Oct-13 19:22:39

Shredded wheat is easy for littles ones to pick up.
Fruit sticks dipped in yoghurt.

[[ www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3028699/feelgood-flapjackstry these]]
these are my pre work breakfast for my 18 mo when he decides he's on a go slow.

rootypig Thu 10-Oct-13 19:21:11

11mo DD has the same breakfast very morning blush - she is a spoon refuser for lunch and dinner but oddly accepts a large bowl of porridge every day. Peculiar child.

Anyway do you have a freezer? because then you can make your own fruit pancakes, egg free - make one batter, then split and add a variety of fruit (banana, blueberry, apple, raisin, whatever, frozen fruit works well, if she does like lumps pulp it first), cook, cool and freeze, then put them in the toaster as needed.

Here is a recipe: www.egglesscooking.com/2011/06/27/eggless-pancakes-recipe/

Add cooked oats to make even more nutritious smile

Phineyj Thu 10-Oct-13 19:18:31

Will she suck out of a squeezy packet? If you disapprove of readymade ones, I noticed JoJoMamanBebe have a kit (and other places do them too no doubt). DD likes any mix of fruit, yoghurt and baby rice.

Bagels?

abigboydidit Thu 10-Oct-13 19:14:29

<eyes toddler>

abigboydidit Thu 10-Oct-13 19:13:32

Can you do that?? <eyes toddler>

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 10-Oct-13 15:08:33

Think if you want less mess you need to take the baby back and buy a new handbag instead grin

abigboydidit Thu 10-Oct-13 08:33:27

I know. When I read it back I realised it sounded pretty varied!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 10-Oct-13 07:00:26

You seem to be doing a good variety already smile. How about porridge fingers?

abigboydidit Wed 09-Oct-13 08:24:47

DD is a great eater but absolutely will not take anything from a spoon. This isn't usually an issue but in the mornings we are often very short of time before I need to get her and DS (2.5 years) out if the house. I can't really do eggy bread or anything egg based as DS has quite a severe egg allergy and she tends to lob things around! At the moment were up and getting milk around 7am, breakfast 8ish and a few days need to be out at 9am.

At the moment I stick with fruit, toast (but am keen not to give her that too often as is quite salty), potato scones, blueberry scotch pancakes (on the day wen DS is in nursery so I have time to make them and clean up mess!), banana muffins. I did try the flapjacks out of the BLW book but ended up throwing lots out, even when I halved the recipe. Any other ideas appreciated! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now