Formula v cows milk confusion!

(6 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Aug-13 09:08:13

Oh and at 10.30pm, does she refuse the cows milk outright? Have you tried her with cows milk at this time?

What's her solid intake like too?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Aug-13 09:05:58

Is she very tall? What centiles is she on?

I would add in more foods e.g. snacks and/or food before bed rather than increasing the milk. They only need around 300mls of milk from age 1.

AnythingNotEverything Tue 20-Aug-13 17:41:31

Seems like a backward step - I agree with the PP and think you should try some cereal before bed instead.

MortifiedAdams Tue 20-Aug-13 17:38:17

I wouldnt go back to formula, but would add in supper - porrodge with milk? Try offering just water at 10.30, she will give up asking for milk soon enough.

HatMat Tue 20-Aug-13 17:35:54

Hi,
My DD has just turned one and I am trying to switch from formula to cows milk and bottle to sippy cup but am a bit confused! Up until now she was on way too much formula so I am trying to cut back and have come up with the following daily amounts:
Morning: 100mls cows milk
Lunch time: 100mls cows milk
Bedtime: 150mls cows milk
10pm: 150mls formula ( i cant get her off this but desperate to!)

HOWEVER DD has started waking up through the night as she is hungry so i am thinking of going back to formula at bednight and increasing to the original 210mls. So it would be:
Morning: 100mls cows milk
Lunch time: 100mls cows milk
Bedtime: 210mls formula

She has 3 solid meals a day which can include milk,

What does anyone think? Too much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now