Any ideas for enhancing baby rice with fruit?

(7 Posts)
Sleep404 Sun 21-Jul-13 21:29:05

He's had other solids. A mixture of ready and home made puree dinners but for breakfast he doesn't seem as keen on readybrek as he is on the baby rice. I haven't been more adventurous with breakfast than the two mentioned above, but would like to try.
Like the idea of dried fruit.

CheungFun Sun 21-Jul-13 21:14:37

I'd use anything, bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, strawberries or maybe even puréed dried fruits like figs or prunes

Murtette Sun 21-Jul-13 21:13:17

Is baby rice the only "solids" he's had to date or has he already tried different fruits & veg as well. If so, any of those could be mixed in with it. If not, pear & apple tend to be the most easily digestible. I'd used to stew them as you can't mash them small enough for early weaning. Strawberries are probably best avoided if he's in the early stages of weaning as they are more allergenic that many other fruits so there is a higher chance that he may have a reaction to them.
Plum do a good cereal as you just have to add water so don't have the faff of expressing or cooling water to make formula... although by 7mths I'm sure both my DC were on ready brek or weetabix with full fat cows milk for breakfast.

Sleep404 Sun 21-Jul-13 21:11:54

Thanks sounds great. Hadn't thought of toast but I imagine it gets sucked quite nicely.

ExBrightonBell Sun 21-Jul-13 21:10:06

How about doing a variety of breakfasts eg porridge, weetabix, toast, yoghurt etc?

I grate apple into porridge, or add blueberries, or any other soft fruit. Banana works well also. At 7 months there is nothing (apart from honey and whole nuts) that you should not give, so go for it!

TheSunTheMoonTheTruth Sun 21-Jul-13 21:07:29

add lots of different fruit - apples/pears, blueberries (watch the nappies wink), banana is a great one.

Sleep404 Sun 21-Jul-13 21:05:16

7mnth Ds loves his baby rice and has it every morning for breakfast. I make it with a scoop of formula milk. I was thinking this morning of adding crushed/cooked strawberries, apple or blueberries. A bit like a jam. Is there any fruit I should avoid or indeed any other ideas to make his breakfast a bit more nutritious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now