Moving from bottle to cup - recommendations please

(6 Posts)
EPRS Sat 20-Jul-13 07:13:16

Hi,

I'd like to start moving my 11 month old off his tommee tippee bottles and onto a cup or free flow beaker for his milk.

He happily drinks water from a Doidy cup, but refuses milk from it. He also uses a Tommee Tippee explorer cup for water when we are out and about.

I'd like recommendations of a free flow beaker (not non spill on advice from NHS website) to try moving him onto, or any other tips for moving him off his bottles.

Many thanks
Emma

shufflehopstep Sat 20-Jul-13 20:34:12

I have 2 Tommee Tippee ones that are fine. One of them has a spout that you can flip down so you can carry it in a bag without spilling it.

HaveTeaWillSurvive Sat 20-Jul-13 21:16:55

No help sorry, just watching with interest as I'm thinking about the same thing at the mo. He drinks water from the basic tommee tippee cups fine but not interested in milk from these sad

chocolatemartini Sun 21-Jul-13 21:45:35

The Nuk one might suit, it has a soft teat- like spout and is free flow

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Jul-13 09:44:10

Round here the health visitors give you freebie tommee tippee ones with their development checks.

I deliberately bought a mixture of different cups (Boots had a 3 for 2 going on) - didn't want DD1 getting too much in the mindset of only drinking from one particular model and then it promptly being discontinued knowing my luck.

She's drunk water from them all just fine for months - had some battles trying to get her to take milk from them coming up to the 12 month mark (think I tried around 11 months and she was having none of it) - you'd think her world had imploded at the idea of milk, as opposed to water coming in a cup... so I left it and chalked it onto the parenting sin tally chart - retried around 13 months as a we'll give it a go otherwise I'm going to just go straight to her having milk in an open beaker with help... took it no problems whatsoever then.

leedy Thu 25-Jul-13 17:02:11

My DS2 likes the Nuk free flow trainer cup too (never had bottles, though).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now