BLW- Am I doing it right?

(8 Posts)
abi2790 Fri 12-Jul-13 20:29:12

Ds is 7 months and is still not eating much. He sucks on his food and then throws it. Is this right?

PinkPepper Fri 12-Jul-13 20:35:04

My boy only really started eating from around 8-9 months. He was quite good with banana and toast from early though have you tried those?

Goodkingwalkingslass Fri 12-Jul-13 20:36:25

My ds didn't seem to eat much at all until 7.5 months when he suddenly decided to tuck in. Still throws lots on the floor at 11.5 months! It will happen, don't worry. Just make food available and give him plenty of time to explore it. I often think ds is full as he starts messing with his food rather than eating it but after a bit of examination of whatever it is he often starts eating again. Mealtimes take a lot longer than they used to!

abi2790 Fri 12-Jul-13 20:50:20

Thanks guys. Yep pink Ds loves philladelphia on toast. Although he tends to just suck the cheese off the bread. He struggles to keep hold of banana so I've given up with that. He tends to just eat whatever we eat.

PinkPepper Fri 12-Jul-13 20:51:52

Yeah sounds great, that's what my son used to do smile he hoovered up a whole (child size) bowl of pasta bake tonight! I was amazed.

Lots of food still goes on floor though!

abi2790 Fri 12-Jul-13 20:55:32

Ds loves pasta bake! I hate picking up the remains of it out of his high chair though!

SpooMoo Sat 13-Jul-13 00:10:41

Sounds about right. Eventually they chew and swallow more. The point is that he gets used to handling and tasting before developing other skills at his own pace.

Food before one is for fun! Milk is for calories/nutrition.

Cravingdairy Sat 13-Jul-13 00:12:26

Sounds fine to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now