9 months and won't drink milk

(7 Posts)
Willow33 Fri 05-Jul-13 23:51:47

Hi
DD has never been too keen on the bottle and once she was on solids, which has been since she was six months old, she has been rejecting her bottle. I bfd her in the morning and at night but only for five mins. During the day, she won't take milk from book, bottle or beaker! Any suggestions please?
She drinks about 180 ml water from a doidy cup and has 100ml formula milk with her porridge. She also likes her homage frail and yogurts.

Willow33 Fri 05-Jul-13 23:53:31

boob not book!
fromage frais not homage frail!
Bloomin phone!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Jul-13 16:11:26

Both of mine wouldn't touch milk until bfing had stopped completely, I'm not trained but I can't see why she should need cows milk when you are bfing. Bayou might want to check with a BFC though, have you got the helpline numbers! smile

Willow33 Sat 06-Jul-13 18:51:53

Thanks JJJ. I only bfd for a few mins morn and night
I read she should be having around 500 ml a day still of milk...
Any ideas as to how I can get her bk on to it?

GivemeaCamembert Sat 06-Jul-13 19:02:27

My ds didn't drink milk for a long time after i stopped bf. HV said not to worry as long as he was getting calcium from other sources, cheese, yoghurt etc so i just made sure i included diary with every meal. Drinks loads of the stuff now though!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Jul-13 20:56:41

No the milk guidelines are for non-bf babies, but you can check with the National Bfing Helpline if you want to check with someone who is trained and not some drunk idiot on'tinternet smile

Willow33 Tue 09-Jul-13 19:39:49

ok thanks both. will call bfg help line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now