Breakfast ideas for 7mth old who can't have...

(14 Posts)
MrsWhirling Mon 01-Jul-13 23:47:28

Appley oats sounds nice. Do you serve it on its own?

Drladybird Mon 01-Jul-13 10:46:51

I used to make 'appley oats' for my daughter at that age. Basically mix oats and stewed apple, leave to soak overnight and then you have a cereal ready to go in the morning. My daughter loved it. But, you could probably do this with any fruits. Like Chunderella says, there are loads of great seasonal fruits at the moment...

Chunderella Sat 29-Jun-13 21:03:05

Why not try just fruit? Not bananas, obviously. Dead easy and shouldn't cause any issues if it's only milk he has a problem with. At 7 months he could be having slices or cubes of anything soft, and there's so many lush seasonal fruits at the moment.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 28-Jun-13 20:49:14

There are some good dairy free recipes here OP, just not sure about the chips hmmsmile

Have you see the info on allergy uk? They advise getting a diagnosis from your GP smile

Your supermarket should be able to supply you with a list of food thy sell that is dairy free, this should help you with eliminating dairy from your diet too smile

Indith Fri 28-Jun-13 13:58:09

make porridge with water then and mix in a little expressed milk at the end. I just handexpress while the porridge is cooking!

eggy bread is a great one as the break is all soft and melty in the mouth.

Porridge?
Pancakes made with soya/oat/coconut milk
Baked beans on toast?
Scrambled egg on toast?
Plain Soya yogurt with fruit compot

MrsWhirling Fri 28-Jun-13 13:30:16

What forms of egg & bread?

MrsWhirling Fri 28-Jun-13 13:29:29

He is EBF.

No confirmation of a milk allegry but when I gave bab rice/porridge/formula it brought him out in hives and aggravated the dermatitis on his cheeks, so I am avoiding for a month or so.

newtonupontheheath Fri 28-Jun-13 13:28:56

If you make your own bread, you don't have to risk milk powder.

Plus less/no salt smile

soundevenfruity Fri 28-Jun-13 13:22:48

If he is allergic to milk (has it been confirmed btw? does he have reaction to formula or bf?) then I would think twice about introducing other potential allergens, such as peanuts and eggs. I would let him have bf or formula and then pick what he wants from your plate. At this age their nutritional needs are mostly met by bf or formula.

Indith Fri 28-Jun-13 13:21:44

course he can have toast or eggs in various forms.just be careful, lots of bread has milk powder in. porridge made with his usual milk, cereals with his usual milk on, pancakes made with oat milk.....

MrsWhirling Fri 28-Jun-13 13:18:31

He only just 7 months, not sure he can eat toast or omelette??? He's been having puréed food.

MortifiedAdams Fri 28-Jun-13 13:12:48

Omelette?
Toast - topped with jam or peanut butter or cream cheese?

MrsWhirling Fri 28-Jun-13 13:10:27

Milk! For now anyway as it seems to bring him up in hives. Or banana as it constipated him.

Help please, I'm running out of ideas! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now