Freezing ready made formula-might be idiotic question!

(5 Posts)
ilovepowerhoop Thu 13-Jun-13 14:23:53

you cant freeze the formula milk - i am sure it says it somewhere on the carton. Does the carton not keep for 24 hours anyway if kept in the fridge? I agree that it would be easier to use cows milk

MsPickle Wed 12-Jun-13 19:41:00

I ummed and erred about just going straight to cows but cos it was cold went with the ff. cows from now on. Couldn't remember what I did with ds!

Thank you.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Jun-13 15:07:05

Agree with ex. Once they are 6 months old there is no reason to use ebm or ff in cooking or cereals smile

ExBrightonBell Wed 12-Jun-13 13:19:03

I don't know about freezing the formula, but you can just use whole cows milk to cook with when babies are 6 months. Cheaper than formula, and lasts a long time in the fridge!

MsPickle Wed 12-Jun-13 10:23:00

Am weaning my 6mth dd. She's handling finger foods well (we did rough BLW with ds) but I'm starting to give her porridge of a morning. I made it this morning with some cartoon formula milk but have only used 50ml-could I freeze the rest in ice cubes for future meals?

(I am expressing to donate but loathe doing it so would rather not add extra requirements! I know that's cockeyed.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now