7mo blw ebf with very hard sore poos..

(4 Posts)
SuzieJR Wed 10-Apr-13 21:42:51

Helpful page: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/babyconstipation.htm

SuzieJR Wed 10-Apr-13 21:33:04

My DD was similar. I find she would take water from a Calpol syringe and diluted milk in a bottle to increase the Oz's.

Best to call your Health visitor for recommendations.

From memory I was told to try:
* juice of half an orange diluted with water (1:1 I think) to help get the bowls moving
* if this does not help, give very small amount of prune juice but best to check first
* mixing more water into food, giving yogurts and custard type deserts for example.
* mixing plenty of milk with baby rice / cereal in advance of feeding time because this absorbs a lot of liquid.

I would expect fruit and veg to be the best food types, especially those with high water content. With meat, dried cereals and harder to digest ingredients the worst.

Good luck!

WhatAGoat Tue 09-Apr-13 12:37:39

It's the water I think. When my dd doesn't drink enough she has a very bad belly. Try loads of different cups and bottles until you find one she likes even a few sips a day will make a world of difference

DrMcDreamysWife Tue 09-Apr-13 12:28:40

She loves her food and munches on anything I give her with glee. But she is totally constipated, well poos coming our but she is finding then very difficult and sore to get out....

HV said well are you not giving her fruit then? Seriously she is practically living on plums and pears as it is?!

I'm struggling to get her to take water though...

Stupid question though maybe but what foods are to worst and what are the best for blw to get the poos going again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now