He's nearly one...

(7 Posts)

Do I need to start worrying more about his food intake? BLW and loves it but who knows how many calories go in! Not so keen on using a spoon and still on bottles of milk & 2 bf a day. Milk is his favourite thing ever.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 28-Mar-13 12:24:55

How many bfs do you think you will be doing each day? I think if he's on 2, you can safely get rid of the extra milk in the day or if thats too traumatic, maybe offer cows milk in a sippy cup instead?

Once they are one, you can offer solids before milk too.

I'm planning on sticking with 2 bf but they are 6am & 7pm!

We try and encourage him to take water with meals, which he does - but he always prefers milk.

girliefriend Thu 28-Mar-13 20:02:36

I think once they are one they don't really need bottles of milk agree with above post who said about offering cows milk in sippy cup. I would reduce milk feeds and be encouraging a healthy varied diet tbh.

Flisspaps Thu 28-Mar-13 20:02:50

<waves to Henrietta>

Just keep doing what you're doing. I have no idea how much goes into DS food-wise compared to what's on the floor/chair/down his top but it's seemingly enough. He's on 2 bottles a day now.

Thanks all! <Waves back at fliss>

The diets pretty good & balanced (at the point of delivery anyway...he hones in on the carbs and has quite a disregard for broccoli!)

Will swap bottle for sippy cup when at home and see where we go from there!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 29-Mar-13 08:58:20

Sounds like a good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now