Weaning and mess!

(9 Posts)
Maternityleaveisawesome Sun 24-Mar-13 12:26:47

I am in the countdown to weaning and planning to do some purees and baby led weaning. I am expecting lots of mess and can cope with that on the table, floor, walls and curtains..... But am rather attached to my light fabric covered chairs!

I know I could move them out, but that would be for quite a long time. I have googled plastic covering for chairs, but it all seems to be for small wooden chairs or armchairs, and my fabric chairs are somewhere in the middle.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Dh seems to think there is a company that will 'shrink-wrap' them, but I can't find one.

Thanks.

queenofthepirates Sun 24-Mar-13 12:32:49

Not sure my weaning was as bad as yours! Throws on light coloured furnishings?

SwivelHips Sun 24-Mar-13 14:48:04

I'm doing BLW and yes he gets stuff everywhere, on his own highchair, the table, floors etc but I dont think he's managed to throw food at the other chairs. After starting weaning i'm less precious about lots of things, infact since childbirth I'm less precious about most things. I'd maybe move them out and see how it goes smile

Fallenangle Sun 24-Mar-13 14:52:50

Party shops often have chair covers for dining chairs.

Carolra Sun 24-Mar-13 14:55:01

We did BLW and it was messy!! Our furniture is quite cruddy so I didn't really mind... But I think in your position, I'd move them for the duration or I'd just let it be... If you have them covered they'll be covered for a while... Once they master eating its only a month or two before they'll be colouring, painting, helping with the cooking at the same table... And it's all messy!!!!

coughingbean Sun 24-Mar-13 18:40:41

We put the lo in a bumbo and put that on the dining room table. Obviously sitting down in front of her.
grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Mar-13 21:31:53

Or your baby could just flip herself out of the bimbo turning it into one of the most dangerous places to put her. Maybe tts just my dd though.....

coughingbean Mon 25-Mar-13 07:07:14

new bumbos have have lap straps to stop that happening

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 25-Mar-13 09:13:15

That's good then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now