Purées that go down well

(10 Posts)
Nancy54 Sun 24-Mar-13 10:52:19

Has anyone got any good purée ideas? Just started weaning my twins and so far they've had carrot, butternut, sweet potato, broccoli, apple, pear and banana

Beatrixpotty Sun 24-Mar-13 11:47:03

Cooked dried apricot,mashed avocado,cooked dried prunes and combinations of the above eg potato & carrot,carrot & sweet potato,leek & potato..think of sort of things you combine for soup.Anbabel Karmel has a good book just about puréed if going down that route..

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Mar-13 20:54:47

Have you checked out the MN weaning recipes OP?

LimeFlower Sun 24-Mar-13 21:26:38

avocado/broad beans (bread spread)
broccoli/pear/pea
carrot/banana/raspberry (pudding)
strawberry/apple/pear (pudding)

You can puree just about any fruit and veg. Cauliflower, frozen peas, pumpkin, avocado, peach, courgette, dried apricots steeped and cooked then mashed through a sieve (think iirc check to make sure they haven't been treated with sulphur dioxide), red peppers, melon, cherries etc in different combinations. You could add a bit of cheese to some, like broccoli and cauliflower? Once you've got past the intial fruit and veg, fish and chicken are good first meats to try and I remember lentils being used a lot.

As Beatrixpotty said I found the Annabel Karmel books good for when I weaned ds. Well the whole three weeks before he decided he didn't want spoonfed and I had to go BLW.

Nancy54 Mon 25-Mar-13 05:29:56

Thabks everyone! Loads of ideas here!

Will check our mn recipes and Annabel k

Waferthinmint Mon 25-Mar-13 06:33:37

Mine loved pea and potato

Mine love papaya, avocado & banana, sweet potato with cinnamon, potato with leeks & peas. I also do mixed root vegetables. Pear and blueberries is a favourite too.

Nancy54 Thu 28-Mar-13 14:42:21

Thanks garden! Do you blend the blueberries or just squish them?

I blitz them because of the skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now