When did your baby learn to eat finger foods

(5 Posts)
tazmo Sat 23-Mar-13 13:59:19

Hi I have 2 other children but weaned them a lot earlier than dd3. I waited until she was 6 months and sponsor feeding took a while she had that thrust reflex thing where she kept spitting out food till about 7 months. Now she is doing really well with being spoon fed but she's having problems self feeding - I mean finger food. She is nearly 9 months. Am sure my other 2 had the hang of it by now. What age were your babies? She can also still be a bit wobbly in her high chair. Any others like this?

Nagoo Sat 23-Mar-13 14:03:03

I'd ask the hv I think. It might be she just likes being served smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 23-Mar-13 23:27:40

I'd talk to the HV too. Is she able to pick food up or other things up and put them in her mouth?

tazmo Sun 24-Mar-13 13:08:37

Hi she picked up a breadstick yesterday, put it in her mouth, broke half of it but breadstick fell from her mouth. She then threw the rest on the floor. She seems to be progressing fine developmentally but do think she's a bit slower than my other two. As I said, she's a bit wobbly and tends to launch herself to food so we support her with a pillow. She picked up a plastic star (confetti type) but. Didn't automatically put it in her mouth. Took it off her before then! Shouldn't compare DC - they were weaned about 8 weeks before dd3. Not sure I'd leave it till 6 months,again!

my ds was 11 months when he started and now 6 weeks in he's really good at it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now