How to wean the reluctant milk taker?

(7 Posts)
NappyHappy Thu 21-Mar-13 20:03:22

Thanks, just going to stick with however he wants to be fed! wink

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 21-Mar-13 12:49:09

Glad that things have improved smile

NappyHappy Thu 21-Mar-13 12:46:28

Hi Jilted, the milk situation has improved wink must be some 6 month thing!

I did mention it to the HV at clinic but we're to see how he gets on. I'll cook the veg softer to see if that helps, if not I'll ring her.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 20-Mar-13 09:40:19

Have you spoken to your HV? I honestly can't remember mine vomiting on finger food, you might want to mention that. Have you tried smaller bottles more often too? Have you tried changing his formula to another brand as well?

NappyHappy Sun 17-Mar-13 16:19:29

Hi Jilted, he's been on Cow & Gate since birth, I started yesterday pm with some finger food but puked up everywhere which is to be expected the first few times til he's used to it wink . He does take way over an hour to have 7oz, its been the past 6 weeks or so he's taken longer to feed and started waking more.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Mar-13 16:00:39

When you say he's a reluctant milk taker, which milk is he on? Have you tried offering some finger food about an hour after his milk?

NappyHappy Sun 17-Mar-13 15:18:15

Ds3 is 28w and I'd difficult to feed as it is. Do I crack on with weaning? Thinking BLW as he is a spoon refuser.

Anyone else had a reluctant feeder/weaner? The other guys were very greedy from birth but this little dude isn't.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now