Weaning regression?

(4 Posts)
LIG1979 Fri 08-Mar-13 22:06:25

My dd (7.5 months) is doing something similar and will eat bread, fruit, yoghurt but will not touch vegetables/meat unless they are hidden in a pancake or frittata. I spoke to the health visitor and she suggested not giving fruit or yoghurt with a meal so she doesn't hold out for them. i then give fruit and yoghurt as a different meal. It does seem to be working and I always offer vegetables before any bread/pasta so she doesn't choose the carbs in preference.

Still think it will be a long road with my dd....

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-Mar-13 17:33:24

Don't forget too that at this age most of their nutrition should be from the milk. Food is more about exploring taste and texture so make sure you give the milk roughly an hour before food so that he doesn't go hungry smile

ClairesTravellingCircus Thu 07-Mar-13 14:49:11

Yes!

Two out of four of mine have done that. In most cases it's just a phase.

Recently, dts was refusing to be spoon fed except for yoghurt/fruit purees. I tried to give him finger foods that he could eat (peas, veg batons, cheese, pasta, etc). But he still didn't eat much. I tried hard not to stress about it. (Patience, patience, patience!)

For a few weeks he was on a limited diet, but then business resumed as usual. I think it's a way of asserting their independence.
For what it's worth he now eats brilliantly.

Jayne266 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:11:10

My DS Is starting to favour fruit, cereal and yogurt to any other foods (except finger foods).

I give him a textured meal with fruit afterwards (or yogurt) and then finger foods.

He has recently been refusing all meals and eating the rest.

Has anyone experienced this? My DS has been ill recently and have just let him eat what he wants but I have noticed he has not been eating his meal well before this.

Any advice? My DS is 7.5 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now