Baby porridge?

(7 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-Mar-13 13:14:46

We used ready brek, loads cheaper than baby porridge, especially if you buy the supermarket's own brand.

SolomanDaisy Wed 06-Mar-13 21:40:54

Normal, thick porridge. My DS ate mine with his fingers for ages!

MousyMouse Wed 06-Mar-13 21:39:35

yes, we just made normal porridge and made it quite thick so it stuck better to the spoon.

shop1909 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:37:05

Thanks ladies as I thought but thought I would just check I had't missed an obvious advantage smile

Gintonic Wed 06-Mar-13 19:08:49

Personally I hate baby porridge, it is bland and textureless. If you are doing BLW your LO will get used to different textures and more interesting tastes. So I would second normal porridge.

BananaPie Wed 06-Mar-13 18:12:43

I'd just normal porridge oats if I were you. Don't see the point in the expensive baby branded stuff - it's just marketed to play on new parents' insecurities.

shop1909 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:08:57

Preparing to wean my 23 week old, we are going for blw. Have blw cookbook so for breakfast ( when we get that far!)thinking of thick porridge/fingers but then was recommended the plum organic porridge and wondered if should I use this instead thinking from a dipping/using a spoon himself perspective. Obviously is a lot more expensive......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now