Breakfast ideas for 10 month old

(11 Posts)
Nightmoves Mon 18-Feb-13 19:51:12

We are having porridge at the mo, alternating with toast or yoghurt. The website homemade baby food had good recipes and good alternatives for allergens. I made DS apple muffins minus the eggs which went down well (missed out the sugar and it was fine) and egg free blueberry pancakes. Oh, and egg free French toast which was lovely and a big hit with DS, although another form of bread...

JustCallMeFish Sat 16-Feb-13 23:27:22

Tea cake
Scotch pancake
Muffin of some sort
Crumpet
Cheerios, shreddies
Chopped banana
Yogurt
Porridge

shredded wheat. mini shredded wheat.

exciting here! ( also other suggestions previously suggested)

ariane5 Sat 16-Feb-13 23:18:43

Mamababa-you should see the grapes for my ds! Each one cut into 16 pieces! I am so terrified of him choking!

Dd2 (3) has hers cut into 4, ds1 (6) and dd1(11) still have theirs cut in half!

mamababa Sat 16-Feb-13 23:13:29

I am not brave enough for grapes. And my DS is 13 months blush

ariane5 Sat 16-Feb-13 23:10:45

My ds2 is also 10ms. Usually he has porridge made with alpro 1+ (egg+milk allergy).

This morning he tried toast with sunflower spread. A couple of times he has had grapes (cut up teent tiny as I'm terrified of choking) and he LOVES dry rice crispies, concentrates for ages to pick them up though!

Sometimes he will eat mashed banana too.

heidihole Sat 16-Feb-13 23:10:32

sticks of cheese/cucumber, grapes cut in half

mamababa Sat 16-Feb-13 23:10:07

Porridge with fruit
Bagel
Crumpets

heidihole Sat 16-Feb-13 23:08:50

ripe avocado or banana spread on a rice cake
strawberries/blueberries/ etc and plain yoghurt
home made sugar free banana bread (errrr can you make without egg?)
wakey wakey cakey (recipe on google)
porridge pancakes

SamSmalaidh Sat 16-Feb-13 23:07:14

Porridge
Fruit
Yoghurt

moojie Sat 16-Feb-13 23:05:45

My ds2 has turned his nose up at his weetabix for the last few mornings so I need an alternative! I'd rather not go down the Cheerios/Shreddies route just yet (only thing my 3yr old will eat!) but as he has an egg allergy I'm struggling to think of something other than toast.

Toast is good in principle but he will also have a sandwich/ toast for snack at some point so I think it's too much bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now