Does more solids or less help with sleep?

(5 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 15-Feb-13 09:28:01

Don't think that it has much to do with what he's eating, although more bfs and less solids is good and will help with the teething as it helps with the pain. I think it could be the developmental leap and the 9 month sleep regression smile

Jayne266 Wed 13-Feb-13 14:08:58

Aww congrats my DS has learnt he can roll a 360 and I know this has affected his sleep. I try to give tea at least 2 hours before bed (but this is mostly as he has a bottle at bed time) If everything else is the same you may have a growth spurt/(let's get up early to practice the new thing I have learnt).

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 13-Feb-13 13:55:07

Ah yes it could well be the fact that he has just learnt how to stand smile

Anyway, he goes to bed between 7-7.30, up around 7am.
Brekkie 8am
Lunch 11.30/12
Dinner 6pm

Yesterday he had cereal for brekkie, cheesey pancake (3 bites) & salad bits (toms, cucumber) with fruit for pud, dinner was chicken, tomatoes, potatoes, pitta; yoghurt

Jayne266 Wed 13-Feb-13 12:51:11

What time does he eat and when does he go to bed.
What has he had yesterday and when was bedtime.
It could be the teething or a possible growth spurt.

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 13-Feb-13 10:43:44

DS is 9 months and is we do BLW. He loves food. Actually doesn't stop stuffing his face hmm grin to the point where I have to just monitor his intake otherwise he'd carry on and on...

However his sleeping has, if anything, got worse recently, and I'm wondering whether it's down to how much food he eats, ie if he's too full/indigestion. Or whether he's still hungry?! confused

I have tried reducing the amount of food I give him so that he has more bf, as I know that is more filling. It seemed to work, but it could just be coincidence I suppose.

He's also teething like mad, so it could just be down to that couldn't it?!

Gah! Am so confused He's not even my first DC - I should know this stuff by now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now