Introducing food groups

(9 Posts)
Babymay1 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:52:14

Hi, thank you human egg for that link.
Will check it out x

thehumanegg Sun 03-Feb-13 17:35:30
thehumanegg Sun 03-Feb-13 17:34:55

We had an allergic reaction come up on day one of weaning (to banana confused) so rang Allergy uk who gave me these guidelines.
http://www.allergyuk.org/advice-for-parents-with-a-new-baby/weaning-your-baby-on-to-solids#when-should-i-introduce-my-baby-to-foods-which-might-cause-an-allergy
Basically no delaying of most foods. She told me to carry on with weaning as normal and to introduce every food 3 times on its own.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Feb-13 08:06:37

Not really got much experience of allergies. There is some info here on delaying solids or maybe someone on the allergies board could help?

Babymay1 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:23:34

Yes. Spoke to GP today who said too early to tell and to carry on giving dairy and see what happens.
Anyone heard of delaying certain food groups to avoid allergies or do you think it's a case of, if they are allergic, they are going to be no matter what age you introduce them ?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 01-Feb-13 10:57:08

Just the same as fliss here. Have you thought of allergy testing is you are concerned?

Flisspaps Fri 01-Feb-13 08:13:40

6 months. We did BLW with both of ours though, so the only things that we avoided were honey, whole nuts and whole grapes. We didn't do things individually, it was just a case of "right, here's what we're having for our tea, you can have it too"

Mine didn't show any signs of sensitivity to anything though.

Babymay1 Fri 01-Feb-13 07:46:08

Actually, what age did you introduce rice and pasta too?

Babymay1 Fri 01-Feb-13 07:15:55

Hi, just wondered at what age did you introduce the various food groups like dairy, wheat, pulses, etc. DS possibly may have sensitivity to dairy as gets rash on cheeks on the few occasions he's had it . Just wondered if I should be more careful with wheat and other foods?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now