Food refuser - what's best to do?

(4 Posts)
Teds77 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:31:58

Thanks for the reassurance. Not sure how my boobs will cope! Ho hum grin.

Nothing to worry about at all. She'll be interested eventually - it may even take a few months before she is. My DS (8.5mo) has only a passing interest in food and you read of lots of babies on MN who are over a year before they're taking in any real quantities of solids.

Two weeks is nothing smile

Teds77 Tue 29-Jan-13 23:48:36

Gah on phone so apols for typos...

Teds77 Tue 29-Jan-13 23:47:24

Started weaning my DTs at 26 weeks. Now two weeks in we tried various fruit and veg purees and yoghurt and also a little bit of finger food. DTS is doing well with the purees, will try anything and is gumming finger food. DTD is totally disinterested and just clamps her month shut when I try to feed her. Will play with spoon and finger food but will put neither near her mouth.

Does anyone have any advice about what's best to do? I may as well keep offering food as I need to feed DTS. Or should I just stop trying to spoon feed her altogether? Are there any food suggestions that have tempted her refusers?

Coupled with her bottle refusing and her boob biting this latest development is driving me a little bit potty. Keep repeating the mantra, food is finuntil they're one ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now