If you're doing BLW what time do you have your dinner at?

(12 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 12-Jan-13 21:58:50

I'm also an adult but can't do what florin does. The time my DH comes home can vary so greatly I'd just rather eat with the DC. He's still not home now sad

We do exactly as Florin does, breakfast and lunch together at 8 and 1, then DD has dinner at 5, we are doing a mix of purée and finger food. DH and I eat when he gets home from work, always together!

forevergreek Sat 12-Jan-13 21:44:04

we did 6.30ish too. but naps and other food through the day worked with that

ie: breakfast at 8.30, lunch 1, snack 3.30. depending on age they still had a third nap at 4.30 for 30 mins so were awake at that time. now wake at 3.30 from long lunch nap

Florin Sat 12-Jan-13 19:35:32

We are blw but I am an adult and no way am I eating at 5 with ds, I am not hungry then and if I did I would be hungry again at 9. Ds and I have breakfast at 8 and lunch at 1 together then he has dinner at 5. At weekends we try to both sit with him while he has a dinner and sometimes have a snack with him. I think it is really important to eat with dh, I really look forward to ds going to bed at 6 then cooking a nice dinner and sitting down with dh and eating it over a good catch up and a glass of wine. I really need adult time!

DD is 8mos and has a picky tea - fruit, dippers, hummus, that sort of thing. I sit and have a bit of fruit then and eat properly later with DH who doesn't get home til after bedtime. I always have lunch with her though and we all have breakfast and Sunday roast together.

SwivelHips Fri 11-Jan-13 12:46:16

Good point, maybe i should be more constructive with his morning naps and do some dinner prep (rather than sitting on MN!). I gave up the slow cooker last year as everything I cooked was rank, but might give it another go, DH might divorce me though. I burn lots these days as my head turned into mush.
would be ideal to eat later with DH when DS in bed, getting DS into cot is a whole other thread so guess I'll need to eat with him at 5ish. On the upside it will be the end of daily wine drinking wink

Zzzzmarchhare Fri 11-Jan-13 12:11:52

DS is 10m and we eat at 5. DH comes in a bit later but still eats with us. I tend to cook during DS's morning nap so put a lot of meals in the slow cooker. DS is in bed by 6.30 most nights-a later bed time would be better but he wakes up earlier if we do that!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 11-Jan-13 11:10:56

It's the same now as it was then. We all eat at 5 and those who aren't home get it warmed up!

Flisspaps Fri 11-Jan-13 09:50:40

We have breakfast at 8.30ish, dinner at 1, tea at about 5/5.30.

DH and I eat later as we're not usually hungry that early.

SwivelHips Fri 11-Jan-13 09:44:54

oh i know what you mean. ds pretty clingy at the minute so its pretty damn impossible to cook and keep ds occupied. pasta every night would work tho hmm

Longdistance Fri 11-Jan-13 09:39:30

5.30 was for us, and when dd's have gotten older its more like 6 now.

I never wait for dh if he's not home. Just make dinner and eat together, otherwise some days we could wait an age for him to come home hmm

SwivelHips Fri 11-Jan-13 09:37:05

From another thread I'm re-jigging our routine because it's crap and DS is way overtired by bedtime.
Currently we try and eat together at about 6pm but usually this slips to 630pm. DS is fine during dinner (ie whilst he's eating) but then has a meltdown after his bath. So I'm thinking of eating at 5pm but DH usually not in by then, neither is DSD, just wondering what others did?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now