BLW experiences please

(27 Posts)
ItsAboutToGetMessy Sat 05-Jan-13 21:31:52

First time poster here... Looking for some shared BLW stories/advice my DD is coming up to the 5 1/2 months and desperate to get eating, holding off for the 6th month. How is BLW treating people.

Loislane78 Tue 05-Feb-13 15:25:14

We started about 10 days ago just shy of 6 months. I want to get food into her so I spoon feed whatever it is and have a finger version available for gumming as well ie. fork a banana/papaya/avocado so it still has lumps and spoon feed that then leave some slices of the same thing on the tray for her to pick up and have a suck on. Seems to be working and I can see by the poop.

Next week will start giving whatever we're having, again a mixture of lumpy mushed up bits plus finger chunks. Don't know if that's right/best, or indeed if there is such a thing - just what I'm trying!

notso Tue 05-Feb-13 15:53:36

I did it with DC3 and really wish I hadn't. At 2.1 he is so fussy and his table manners are horrific, he almost always reverts to his hands, and he has never learned not to stuff his face so he ends up having to spit food back out. It could just be him but I'm not sure.

DC4 is being normally weaned like DD and DS1 were, no smooth purees as he was 6.5 months when I started, just some of our food mashed a bit and plenty of finger foods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now