High chair recommendations

(7 Posts)
sparklesandglitter Thu 27-Dec-12 18:46:03

I am after advice for which high chair to buy, I want removable tray, removable snack tray, recline, and height adjustable. My budget is around £100 so I am looking for something to last! I was considering the chicco polly magic or the mamas and papas zest, any good
TIA!

forevergreek Thu 27-Dec-12 18:49:57

I would go for something like stokke. It's wooden so doesn't recline but lasts as a seat until adulthood.

The cushioned highchairs are v hard to keep clean and go moldy etc.. And only last until around18 months.

Themobstersknife Thu 27-Dec-12 18:52:29

Chicco Polly Magic is great before they start eating, as you can use it from newborn and it has a toy bar. I wouldn't use it for feeding though! Way too clunky and too many crevices to clean. For £100, you could get a secondhand polly magic for when they are little, the Ikea Antilop for when they start eating and make a total mess, and then a Tripp Trapp copy like the Hauck one for when they are older. That combo would last you for ages!

RandomMess Thu 27-Dec-12 18:54:04

I agree if they can't sit unaided they shouldn't be eating solids (unless special needs) so Ikea Antilop followed by a tripp trapp chair.

sparklesandglitter Thu 27-Dec-12 19:08:17

How about the fisher price ez clean? She is not weaning yet its so she can be in the kitchen safely whilst I bake and get her joining us at the table for social interaction. The wooden ones just don't seem to do much!

sparklesandglitter Thu 27-Dec-12 19:08:35

How about the fisher price ez clean? She is not weaning yet its so she can be in the kitchen safely whilst I bake and get her joining us at the table for social interaction. The wooden ones just don't seem to do much!

forevergreek Thu 27-Dec-12 19:32:22

Well if she is old enough to be crawling in the way I would just use the baby padding set that you can get for the stokke.

Any younger a baby bouncer/ playmat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now