Out damn carrot spot out!

(5 Posts)
Tweedledeedum Sat 22-Dec-12 12:52:23

Baby led weaning going well with my 7 month old ds, but oh the carrot stains! I can't get them out of coloured clothes. Have tried overnight soaking in Vanish but no joy (but faded clothes if course). If they were white then fine a dab of bleach, but colours what to do? hmm All mumsnet tips much appreciated, thanks!

MoaningMingeWhimpersAgain Sat 22-Dec-12 12:55:13

Carrots, tomatoes and bananas all stain like a bastard I'm afraid.

He will grow out of the clothes grin Large bibs if he will keep them on, mine wouldn't or wear very dark clothes for feeding risky foods. I have been known to take their tops off altogether for a messy pasta sauce. It doesn't stain bare skin.

Tweedledeedum Sun 23-Dec-12 12:10:53

Thanks! Yes naked eating could be the way forward, or black baby grows, not very babyish but could be a bit rock star I guess!

Is the sunlight exposure trick true, shame about the lack of sun though...

Nevercan Sun 23-Dec-12 19:57:11

Buy the wipe down bibs with arms or I use the terry towel ones which fit snug round the neck and then roll up sleeves.....

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Sun 23-Dec-12 20:05:21

rub washing up liquid into the stain before washing in bio powder. Or try de-solv-it stain remover spray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now