Addicted to Ella's Kitchen....

(8 Posts)

DD is just over 6 months old and because I had not investigated baby led weaning previously I gave her some Ella's kitchen pouches to try blush...
...now she will eat nothing but them puree wise (though at least there is only 1 combo she doesn't like). I have tried making the same combinations but she just cries.

The up side is she loves eating fingers of apple, pear, toast, organic baby biscotti, cucmber and celery. I also caught her with a chip donated by her loving 3yr brother. smile

My question is can anyone offer any advice into moving her off of the Ella's Kitchen? They are expensive and though Organic and lovely combinations I would like her to be having home made food also.

I know she started weaning early (as did her brother) but she was ready. Am I worrying over nothing and this will all move on as she gets older? confused

Thanks All!

p.s. Have ordered a baby led weaning book so I have some ideas to follow on that front as DD seems to want to do that and is bored by spoon feeding.

SazzleMc Thu 13-Dec-12 12:21:43

I am in the same boat, everything i make homemade she will not eat! ;o( my DD is 7.5 months. Also trying to introduce some textured food. She just gags.

littlemissmulledwine Thu 13-Dec-12 16:54:44

ds was exactly the same. my health visitor did a weaning clinic which gave loads of advice, recipes and an asda value hand blender.

once i used the hand blender ds would eat everything i offered him. now he's 9 months i blend half and finely chop the other half and mix it together

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Thu 13-Dec-12 16:59:28

I think compared to home made stuff it is texture - they are very very smooth in a way it is hard to do at home. I could only get anything like that by using the most aggressive setting on our blender for long blasts.

Clowdy Thu 13-Dec-12 17:04:15

Can you try adding something home made to the EK? Then decreasing the amount of EK at each meal?

babySophieRose Fri 21-Dec-12 21:21:37

It happened to us too. Try offering home made food first and if refuses and worried that baby will go hungry give the pouch. My DD hates the pouches now, but used to love them for 3 months.

CandyPop Sun 23-Dec-12 04:19:30

Ah that makes me feel better! Ok will incorporate washing her hands as well as her face. Bath time for us is also a military affair which also include two of us!

Just had a nipple bashing feed .... Sore nips sad

CandyPop Sun 23-Dec-12 04:20:48

Oops sorry guys! Answered in the wrong chat! wish I was at te poin of weaning..... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now