Bibs for blw? Help - large baby growing out of bib!

(15 Posts)
roboneill02 Tue 27-May-14 08:26:25

Bibs for BLW? I got mine from amazon it's the Soft Flexible Silicone Waterproof Baby Bibs with Unique Food Catcher, it comes a pack of 3 plus it has a special baby feeder. I bought this because of its good quality and it has adjustable neck. It is so great! I swear! I bought it when my toddler is 3 and a half months old and still using it until now that my baby is almost a year older.

janethommo Wed 05-Dec-12 22:14:12

Hiya

The sillybillyz bibs are amazing - they do 3 different sizes and have an elasticated neck so no food slips down plus long sleeves with elasticated cuffs. The arms are like a pack-a-mac type material so waterproof and the front is velour type so crumbs just brush off.

It means I can use one bib for 3 meals a day for a couple of days before washing = result!

AND you can tumble dry them without them shrinking.

They really are amazing. Just search on amazon for them. After many frustrating bibs from John Lewis, Mamas and Papas, supermarkets etc I'd not want another bib for my little girl now!!!

forevergreek Mon 03-Dec-12 13:01:50

Amazon sell the babybjorn long sleeve bibs. They are the same as ikea just more expensive! But we have some and I figure they are worth it as will last for years as well made, and they are ruffled at neck and cuffs which stops anything dissapearing up/ down them. They are long enough to use for painting/ water play/ messy play, an swill prob last here until they are at least 5

mejon Sun 02-Dec-12 21:24:00

You can get bigger Bibetta bibs - this one is a 'junior tabard' and they also do adult sized ones and ones with sleeves. I had a couple of the small ones for DD2 - great for catching stray food as you say - unfortunately she won't keep one on now and she favours smearing food in her hair instead wink.

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 20:05:53

Googling painting aprons on amazon now which is coming up with some good stuff. Thanks all smile

sad that there are no bigger bibs though because I think sometimes the food is going to slide down the smock and onto his trousers. I really like the turn up bit on the Bibetta that catches flying porridge/banana

Iggly Sun 02-Dec-12 19:57:53

Search amazon for "art smock". Should come up with some there

Iggly Sun 02-Dec-12 19:55:33

Mmmm I got one a year ago or so.. Will look.

Check ikea - some stuff is online or you can even get stuff via amazon.

Hang on will be back.

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 19:54:09

Bag of that is v Tempting tbh. But I have a manic week ahead so would be good to be able to order online

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 19:53:06

Painting aprons are a great idea - can 't see any with arms on the elc site though?

Bagofspiders Sun 02-Dec-12 19:49:58

The ikea painting overalls are great, and are semi wipe cleanable. They're something like £2.50 for a pack of 2 wink

Iggly Sun 02-Dec-12 19:45:07

Those art bibs for painting? ELC do them. They're similar and come up big.

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 19:44:04

Ooh thank you - that sounds good.

Any other recommendations, anyone?

Needalifeagain Sun 02-Dec-12 19:42:50

Ikea, big and wash really well.

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 19:41:25

Sorry - stupid extra line there blush

Welovecouscous Sun 02-Dec-12 19:40:59

My DS has had and been very comfy in the Bibetta ultrabib.

Sadly, however, he is now growing out of these bibs, even though they say they go up to 3 shock they are getting uncomfy as they are a bit tight round the neck. I realised today he can't wear them again.

He is a big boy, but is only 16 months!!

Recommendations wanted for a roomy bib with sleeves, preferably fabric and machine washable.

I am looking for a roomy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now