Raw milk

(5 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Wed 21-Nov-12 22:09:26

Anyone giving their dcs raw milk? I grew up on it and remember it being so much nicer. The propaganda goes on about it being good for immune systems. I'd like to make the switch but just wondering if it's appropriate for ds when he hits one and we switch to cow's milk.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 21-Nov-12 23:04:16

How are you going to get hold of raw milk Rhubarb and if you are after something that is good for LOs immune system, surely BM would be better?

sleepywombat Thu 22-Nov-12 04:35:02

If I had access to it, I would definitely give my dcs raw milk. I know people with allergies to processed/pasturised milk, who are fine on raw because it still has all the enzymes & good bacteria to help with digestion.

JJJ, of course BM better, but the OP is talking about switching to cow's milk, so I assume she's stopping bf or her dc is ff.

Rhubarbgarden Thu 22-Nov-12 09:25:27

Wombat I'm planning to get it through This Farm which delivers nationally. They send it via a courier and you freeze what you can't use straight away.

VilootShesCute Thu 10-Jan-13 23:42:37

I buy mine from that farm, they're amazing, and the cows are really happy and healthy. Great people too :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now