Watch House of Cards Series 2 with Mumsnet and you could win an Xbox One (possible spoiler warning!)

(162 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Feb-14 16:04:30

After Mumsnetters enjoyed the first series so much, we’re excited to announce that the second series of House of Cards is the next show we’ll be watching and discussing on Watch with Mumsnet, in association with Netflix.

For those who’ve yet to succumb, award winning drama House of Cards follows cunning Congressman Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) on his quest for power, aided by his equally conniving wife, Claire (Robin Wright). Both Season 1 & 2 are available to watch on Netflix instantly.

Here’s what Mumsnetters have been saying about the show so far:

"Best thing I've seen for ages”

"I haven't enjoyed a series so much since The West Wing"

“ I was a bit unsure about this as I loved the original but it is amazing! I watched the whole lot in a Netflix weekend mega marathon and I highly recommend it. I really hope they put out a second series, it is quality viewing”

If you've been wondering what to watch to get you through the dreary winter months then look no further. Better yet, you can watch it on Netflix whenever you want: binge on the whole series in one go or just catch it whenever's handy. And then, of course, you can come back and join the discussion on the show with everyone else on this thread. Everyone who takes part will be entered into a draw to win an Xbox One.

Whether you’ve watched the first series, or you’re new to House of Cards, we’d love to hear your thoughts.

Happy watching,
MNHQ

Watch with Mumsnet is sponsored by Netflix.

Click here to return to the Netflix hub

Terms and Conditions:

•Should this product be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winner, Unmissable (The Prize Company) reserve the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value.

•Specifications are subject to change from the manufacturer without notice.

•All prizes will be delivered to the winner within 28 working days from the date of our initial correspondence with them

hoogervaaner Mon 17-Feb-14 16:53:39

I watched series 2 on Valentine's day, in one sitting, accompanied by a bottle of pink Champagne, I have honestly never enjoyed Valentine's Day more! Series 2 is fantastic, so gripping, great plot twists and Kevin Spacey is mesmerising. Finding out more about Claire's earlier life gives her character more depth and leads to a better understanding of how she and Frank operate together. Fab, fab, fab, I don't hesitate to recommend it.

FrankUnderwood Mon 17-Feb-14 16:59:54

Just popping in to do a twirl. I'm on Season 1 Episode 3 - so I'll have to drop out of this thread again, before it fills up with spoilers.

angell74 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:01:18

Not sure how I have missed this. I feel an ironing binge in front of the TV coming on ........

PSG1968 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:01:54

Ooooh this series looks good will have to try & catch up with it feels like I've missed out!!!

Bluecarrot Mon 17-Feb-14 17:10:26

Had planned to watch this show after we finished breaking bad but now I've read your reviews I think I might start now!

Sheilamay Mon 17-Feb-14 17:12:57

Trying not to binge watch all the episodes at once! On episode 2 now. Not surprised what he did to Zoe!

mawihtec Mon 17-Feb-14 17:21:05

watched the first season it was good but really not getting into this second season at all ducks for cover behind sofa that being said Kevin plays his role very well
must say i was the same with
breaking bad
season 1 woohoo
season 2 meh okay
season 3 omg yawn
season 4 gave up

hnl Mon 17-Feb-14 17:24:10

Just started the second series, what a stunning opening episode! May have to lock my little darling in the garage for half term (with Lego and Fruit Shoots, am not totally neglectful!) so I can binge!

sandramae Mon 17-Feb-14 17:26:38

Watched the 1st and 2nd series so far and its great, really love Kevin Spacey too!! I'm not going to read any of the comments because it will spoil it, I prefer to watch it smile Lol

Iamaslummymummy Mon 17-Feb-14 17:27:34

I need to catch up. I'm still on season 1!

shirlz51 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:32:06

this is really entertaining,which is a good change lately

katiewalters Mon 17-Feb-14 17:33:06

I watched the first series too, and loved it. The first episode of the 2nd series was a very good one, a great start to the series. I meet up with friends each week for a coffee after playgroup with our babies, and we always discuss it.

bloosn Mon 17-Feb-14 17:58:34

I still have the original UK version recorded to watch!

PeanutButterOnly Mon 17-Feb-14 17:59:35

Can't wait to watch this, have to catch up with season 1 first! I love Netflix but usually my DD has to remind me how to access it via Virgin!

mindingalongtime Mon 17-Feb-14 18:04:03

Totally addicted, I have never watched so much TV in my life!

amaradnas Mon 17-Feb-14 18:05:26

It's a powerful drama keeping me glued to the screen!

lucyrobinson Mon 17-Feb-14 18:10:02

Ooh just signed up for netflix yesterday. Never heard of House of cards. It sounds really good. Now think my evenings are mapped out this week.

Lotkinsgonecurly Mon 17-Feb-14 18:14:26

It's amazin I'm halfway through the second series. Brilliant writing lots of plot twists....Amazing!!

PsychicPaper Mon 17-Feb-14 18:14:54

Wow, loving it.

We were looking for something to fil the breaking bad shaped hole in our evenings and this is it!

I loved the original, but this is even better

ILoveMyCaravan Mon 17-Feb-14 18:16:12

Not heard of this series, so will be asking DS1 to set it up for me on Netflix which we signed up for a few months ago, but which I've still not managed to work out how to do it myself!

Surely spoilers are allowed if they ask as to disguss? Kevin Spacey is great actor ;)

I have only watched episode one so far but jeepers episode one was eye opening!
DH and I have been in disagreement over which Underwood is worse. He believes Frank is the source of the evil but I think it is Claire, with her glacial attitude and Lady Macbeth behaviour. They are both so glossily malign.
I have convinced myself that Claire wears more and more black as she becomes more vile so I'm interested to see if this is deliberate.

Delighted this series is back. I love it.

pixxie10 Mon 17-Feb-14 21:08:06

This sounds absolutely amazing ! Def going to watch it now but I easily get addicted to things so prob won't get much work done once I start watching !

RightRoyalPainInTheArse Mon 17-Feb-14 21:12:14

Just started on series two, excellent start but won't put any spoilers. Noticed a new Orange is the new black is coming in June, looking forward to that. Have maintained my sub just for these two series. You took S1's Dinosaur film offline though.

Puppypoppet Mon 17-Feb-14 22:00:48

Loved the original so can't wait to watch this. Kevin Spacey is a great actor. Adds to wish list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now