Volunteering in spain

(1 Post)
MrsChristmas123 Wed 06-Jul-16 07:50:51

Hi there
Please can I ask for some advice or help?

I am intending to move to Spain next year and want to find unpaid work as a volunteer but I just don't where to search first. I am legally qualified and have worked in women's refuge. I am learning Spanish and will study the celta course in early 2017. I really don't mind what I do but would like to help out in teaching English law or language. I am do work in domestic abuse but don't know any contacts. I am retired and financially independent. I just want to do something more useful than just retiring to Spain. I am asking for any advice pitfalls help support in moving abroad for a year on my own.
I just don't know where to start. I'm pretty certain I want to live in Valencia or Seville for a while to learn the culture and language. I am worried I will be lonely and want to know how I get to meet people. I thought volunteering might be a way to meet people. I could meet expats but it would be great to meet local people.
Any help or info would be much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now