Recycling kitchen equipment at summer fete

(2 Posts)
Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 19-May-14 01:07:19

Not sure if this is the right place to post but:

Primary school PTA are organising a summer fete based on ww2 make-do-and-mend principles, so we're having a grow-your-own area (plants and garden equipment), a make-your-own section with haberdashers and craft stalls.

We have a an idea about a reduce, recycle, reuse section where parents could donate or swap kitchen equipment but can't quite visualise how to make it work. It doesn't necessarily have to have be fundraising - happy for it to be just a way to pass on those bits of kitchen kit that you bought with good intentions but never/rarely used (or realised you already had - guilty as charged!) Any ideas how we could make it work?

I suppose we could just ask for donations of kit and label with the donor's name, that way we could give it back if it doesn't go/sell. I'm really keen that we're not saddled with a bunch of stuff we can't shift!

Leeds2 Mon 19-May-14 12:00:11

I'm not sure if you are allowed to sell any electrical equipment, if that is what you mean, unless it has been certified as safe by an electrician. I used to work in a charity shop and they refused donations of any electrical goods for that reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now