ADOPT A GRANNY!

(13 Posts)
LibbyXe Mon 12-May-14 16:03:01

Hello everyone - I would love to have the opportunity to give either a child or children the chance to enjoy the relationship of having a granny in their lives. So many children don't have this blessing. I am already a granny to a lovely baby girl and the relationship we already have is second to none - I would love the chance to extend this to another child or children who aren't so fortunate.

I am 55 years old, recently widowed, but have so much love and fun to give! Whether it's making home-made playdough, painting, going for walks or outings, watching films together, picnics, playing with make-up, playing car games, Lego, the list is endless - there's so much fun to be had!

Obviously checks and references would be necessary and I would be happy to provide anything that would help in this way. We have to keep everything safe and secure for babies and children in today's World. I worked in the Care Sector for many years, have three grown-up children of my own, so I have vast experience raising children and of course now as a granny too!

I live in Fareham, Hampshire and have loads of time on my hands now and would love to hear from any parents who aren't in the fortunate position of having parents themselves and would like to "adopt" me as a granny to their child or children. I would be happy to provide any information required. I don't mind if the grandchild or grandchildren are babies, toddlers or children of any age, my heart and home is open to them all!

Please give my message some thought - there isn't enough fun and love in the World today and hopefully I can make a small difference there. I am not ready to hang up my knitting yet, nor do I wear wrinkly Nora Batty type stockings, I am full of fun and love life, love music and generally have the philosophy that each day is a blessing and there to be enjoyed!

Hope to hear from any interested parents soon!

Greenybrownish Mon 12-May-14 16:09:03

Unfortunately you are far away from me but how lovely and thoughtful of you - I am sure you would be a wonderful addition to a child's family.

LibbyXe Mon 12-May-14 22:33:56

Thank you so much! smile

Geraldthegiraffe Mon 12-May-14 22:38:22

What a lovely idea! My family aren't particularly interested in my children and I'd love to adopt a granny if we lived nearer to you!

AnonButRegular Mon 12-May-14 22:46:33

Can I adopt you? I don't have a granny sad

PurplePidjin Mon 12-May-14 22:53:28

I really don't want to put a dampener on such a lovely thought, but posters on the internet aren't always what they appear - that applies to Libby as much as people who reply, sadly sad

Libby, why don't you try an organisation like www.home-start.org.uk it sounds like you've got lots of skills that they'd be grateful for?

Leeds2 Mon 19-May-14 18:40:27

Funnily enough, I was reading the Community Noticeboard in my local Tesco today, and they had a poster advertising for volunteer grandparents to come forward. I can't remember the website address, or whether it was a local or national group. Called something like I Need A Grandparent. I will try and remember to write it down next time I go.

Leeds2 Tue 20-May-14 16:50:40

Had another look today, and the charity is called Hire A Grandparent. Just looked on the website given (www.hireagrandparent.co.uk), and it says that it is under development. I am guessing that it is a new charity. It does give a phone number to ring though, if anyone is interested.

Nutellanutellanutella Tue 20-May-14 17:37:35

I completely agree purple.

Steffi77 Sat 20-Sep-14 16:20:39

Hi there,

Just wanted to say what a lovely post. Are you still looking to be an adopt-a-gran? Xx

Steffi77 Sat 20-Sep-14 16:23:15

Sorry that message was aimed at LibbyXe, I'm new to all this!

wafflyversatile Sat 20-Sep-14 16:26:57

This is a lovely idea, but agree, have a look and see if there are any organisations locally who can match you up. I'm sure there are many ways to help - mentoring for instance. Your council maybe able to point you in the right direction.

I wish I could find somewhere, where at 35 I could adopt a mum!. Ive suffered at the hands of my mother who is a narcissist and done nothing but abused me in that way. Im so envious of women who have a close relationship with their mothers sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now