DofE Gold Residential

(4 Posts)
lalamumto3 Sun 19-Jan-14 22:06:01

Hi, my DD is currently looking at DofE gold residential courses, the 4 night ones, as part of her Gold DofE. I wondered if any of you could tell me what your DD/DS did and whether you would recommend it?
She is very open to suggestions, but as there are so many to choose from it would be great to have some recommendations.
Thanks

Leeds2 Sun 26-Jan-14 16:06:03

My DD is only at the bronze stage, but I believe the National Trust organize suitable courses where the participants work on a particular project eg repairing a wall, clearing a river etc. Cannot recommend as DD hasn't done it yet, but they sounded good!

Nonotthatagain Sun 26-Jan-14 16:07:31

My DS did a young leaders course organised by north Yorks at one of the outdoors centres

fourcorneredcircle Sat 01-Feb-14 13:05:24

Have you had a look on the DofE website? I'm a DofE co-ordinatir and for the residential I have seen very thing from V. Expensive week long cookery courses (well over £500) to week long volunteering for the Canal trust (£50 all in for bed and board, shared cooking responsibility). I've also seen residentials that were volunteering to accompany brownie/cub weeks and as a helper for respite holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now