Voluntary Work With LEGO

(3 Posts)
kevbags Mon 23-Dec-13 17:26:12

Thanks for the insight.

No decisions have been made yet. We are waiting for a DBS check to come back on our first hospital builder. Simply a formality but one that quite rightly needs to be followed.

I couldn't take expenses myself but I'm leaning towards at least offering a contribution to parking/travel costs. We shouldn't be there long enough to require a lunch ;-)

HogiBear27 Sat 21-Dec-13 19:40:50

Apologies if you have already made your decision as I have only just read this.

I volunteer for a large national charity on an ad goc basis and they offer £5 a day for food but I never claim it as I feel it goes against the point of volunteering. I think they also cover a certain amount of petrol. I guess maybe offer car parking (or can your get a free space for a volunteer?)

Your initiative sounds fab! Good luck!

kevbags Tue 19-Nov-13 19:21:44

I'm starting a trial program where a volunteer visits a hospital ward to build some small LEGO sets with children. In groups with those that can get out of bed and one on one with those that can't. I'm confident it will be a success and would like to add more places month by month.

My question is regarding expenses. Obviously all the LEGO would be supplied to the volunteer and hopefully a branded t - shirt. When it comes to say petrol money and car park expenses, is that something the organisation would usually pay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now