When and where do playgroup leaders get thanked/recognised

(3 Posts)
Robson5 Mon 12-Aug-13 15:58:23

Oddly, I can't even work out which topic to put this in, but I'd like to make a suggestion for an annual Mumsnet playgroup leader award. The majority of these groups (and by playgroup I mean a group that costs less than £3 to attend and you stay with your children) are run by volunteers and they are rarely recognised or thanked for the amazing work they do week by week. I certainly would have found my time as a stay at home Mum far more difficult without our local playgroups. What do you think?

LottienHuw Sat 31-Aug-13 09:31:32

The groups my children attended always gave gifts at Christmas as a thank you and when the children become old enough to go to full time school and moved on from the playgroups they would also put in money to buy the leaders/helpers gifts and cards to say thank you. I think it sad that the groups you attend do not seem to have done this or have I missed the point ?

Im sure there are awards from organisations such as Mothercare etc but I dont know how you go about nominating your staff.

loolooskiptotheloo Sat 31-Aug-13 09:36:28

You mean a toddler group I think, play group is for 2 1/2+ and you leave the children, staff also get paid in these (not much though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now