Trying to donate clothes and toys to a women's refuge in SE London - and failing

(4 Posts)

I have a few bags with women's clothes (mine) and baby's clothes, as well as some toys and stuff like towels, cotton, one pack of newborn nappies I bought by mistake, two backpacks, etc. It's not a massive amount of things, but I need someone to collect it as I don't have a car (I would need quite a few trips on public transport to take everything).

I called Refuge Lambeth, they got my number but didn't call back. I tried to call the refuge in Lewisham but apparently the number on the website is wrong. I'm in Greenwich, so it looks like these are the nearest ones.

I know I could just take everything to the charity shop on the corner, but I think it would be more useful in a refuge, as there is a mix of very new clothes and toys, and used stuff (that they probably won't be able to sell...)

So, does anyone know what else I could do? Do you know anyone from a London refuge who could collect it? Any other suggestion of another place where my stuff could be useful?

Many thanks!

Barbara

R2E2 Fri 05-Jul-13 15:55:52

I donated a load of stuff to Eaves, who are a great charity and are I think based in Stockwell. They weren't able to collect from me, but I'm in East London. Since you're much closer they might be able to arrange something.

Not sure if this link will work

www.eavesforwomen.org.uk

Thanks, R2E2, I will get in contact with them! smile

dueanamechange Mon 15-Jul-13 16:40:07

Run by volunteers I think so I am not sure how good they are at picking up messages, Lee Oasis is relatively local small charity...

www.leeoasis.org.uk/safebaby.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now