Baby in need: Plagiocephaly

(3 Posts)
Habichuela Sat 15-Jun-13 22:08:42

Hello Mumsnet, some of you may be aware and others not but my son Melvin has been diagnosed with very severe plagiocephaly with brachycephaly, a condition that causes the skull to become asymmetrical. I am trying to raise money alongside the charity Headstart 4 Babies to pay for a therepuetic helmet that will correct his head shape, the issue is, they are very expensive- £2000, and with this condition time is of the essence as helmet therapy becomes less effective as the baby grows.

I will be doing a sponsored walk on Sunday 21st July called 'Heading Out for Melvin', so please sponsor me (or take part and be sponsored....or both!). Please also check out my Just Giving page in case you fancy offering a donation, everything helps and everything is welcome!

Thanks for reading this!

Marie & Melvin x

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/headingoutformelvin

HerrenaHarridan Sat 15-Jun-13 22:28:46

I will go and donate just now,

Are you getting all the help you should be? The family fund may be able to part fund (although they can take 3 months)

Will it grow with him or will you have to replace it soon?

Well done for being proactive smile

Habichuela Mon 17-Jun-13 13:10:28

Hello HerrenaHarridan,

Thank you for your support!

The helmet lasts 6 months and then the treatment is over but it designed in a way that it redirects his head as it grows.

I hadn't considered the family fund, but I will research it!

Many, many thanks,

Marie smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now