Help ! Need inspiration for entrepreneur project at school

(3 Posts)
ElliotUK Sat 18-May-13 08:50:26

Hi Katie.

Also, forgot to mention we have a list of 75 Business Ideas for Kids up on our site. (http://www.lemonade-stand.co.uk/inspiration/75-business-ideas-for-kids/)

This would be a good place for your son to get some inspiration for his current school project.

Hope this helps
Elliot

LemonadeStand Fri 17-May-13 18:00:19

Hi Katie

I just read your message. I think your question about how to inspire and support children to create new businesses is a really important one.

I definitely agree that the biggest issue not addressed by these types of entrepreneur projects your son is doing is that kids need inspiration and guiding through the process, rather than just being asked to start something on their own.

I recently started working on a project with the mission of tacking exactly this problem (www.lemonade-stand.co.uk). Our goal is to get as many children as possible creating businesses at an early age by supporting them and walking parents and children through the process of creating a business step by step.

We are very early on but we've already produced our first guide, 'How to Start a Coffee Selling Business'. It's aimed at 11-13 year olds. What we really need now is feedback on the guide and how to improve it, before we publish it and create other guides for different businesses.

I'm looking for some volunteers to test the course out with their kids and to provide feedback so we can improve it.

Would you be interested in helping us with this?

In return, we would also be more than happy to send you a copy of the final guide when we publish it!

Thanks
Elliot

Katie172 Fri 10-May-13 15:09:15

Any ideas very welcome here ! Ds (13yrs old) has been given £10 at school to start his social entrepreneur project...all of his year group have been given the same but he is very uninspired. The idea that he was really hoping to get off the ground has already registered by someone else and they are not allowed to duplicate ideas. Has anyone any experience and/or ideas to inspire him (and us!)? Many thanks in advance x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now