Help! Need samples and freebies for community cancer event and everyones saying NO!

(6 Posts)
JaneMMC Tue 07-May-13 15:48:08

I work for a Community Project raising awareness about cancer and supporting those affected. We are organising a ladies day to reach out the deprived areas of our city where cancer rates are high and screening uptake low.

The day will have a glamourous pull to it with many fun events on offer as well as valauable information about our service. We wanted to give those attending a goody bag but so far requests to the big companies have met with resounding nos!

any advice GRATEFULLY received!

apatchylass Tue 07-May-13 22:43:12

Try Proctor and Gamble and Unilever. They both have a policy of helping out charities with gifts like this. Go for local companies too - the kind big enough to make free pens and keyrings etc a promotional material.

Can you link up with nay pink ribbon events? Get in otuch wiht pink ribbon PR and ask if they have any advice.

Also, use connections, however slight. Who do you know who works for one of the big companies?

Have you tried the big supermarkets? They might offer vouchers or a cash donation which you could use to buy some goodies.

You could also try smaller businesses like hairdressers who might offer a voucher for money-off.

BikeRunSki Wed 22-May-13 20:33:52

Asda and CoOp supermarkets will contribute cakes etc to local charity events. Other than that, I have had best luck with local businesses - hairdresser gave a basket of products; car dealer gave a trip in a Porshe - but stuff more suitable for raffle prizes than goody bags.

decaffwithcream Thu 13-Jun-13 18:12:09

Starbucks have a focus on helping community charities if there is a branch in the area you are targeting

bumperella Mon 11-Nov-13 00:23:05

Emphasise whats' in it for them (ie marketing).
It may be that the companies you've asked don't target that area. I know I saying this makes me a cynical cow, but be realistic - companies want something (a) big enough to put in their annual report, or (b) good advertising opportunity. If you're neither then they'll not help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now